EYE DROP CAUTION! A FEW TIPS TO ALLEVIATE DRY EYE
Feeling dry or tickling with your eyes frequently? You may suffer from dry eye disease!
If you have these symptoms, you can preliminary diagnosed with dry eye!
EYE DROPS, GOOD or NOT?
Tears are not just a layer of liquid water, which includes the lipid layer, water layer, and mucin layer. In addition, tears are attached on the ocular surface. Whether it can play a good role of lubrication protection also depends on the health of the ocular surface. Most eye drops in the market contain preservatives, which can make the eyes of the conjunctival goblet cell damaged. Thus, the more inappropriate eye drop of using, the more uncomfortable symptoms will occur.
Your Eyes Need Diminish Inflammation?Dry eye disease may cause some of the inflammatory reaction; however, it does not necessarily represent the bacterial infection. Many people with dye eye symptoms take antibiotics, such as chloramphenicol, ofloxacin to diminish inflammation. In fact, it will make symptoms worse. The inflammatory reaction of eyes can be caused by frequent eye using, ultraviolet light and so on. The abuse of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory eye drops may have been one of the important factors to lead to dry eye disease.
TIPS! TIPS! TIPS!
“Two Water、 One Habit” advised by the director of Beijing Aier Intech Hospital, professor Li, Shao Wei.
- Using eye drops with no preservatives artificial tears under the guidance of the eye doctor.
- Punctal plugs insertion under the guidance of the eye doctor to reduce tear flow speed.
- Wear sealed wet room glasses to reduce evaporation.
- Use viscous artificial tears to prolong the retention time of tears.
- “Blink”——Blinking eyes frequently to reduce evaporation.
- " Rest"——Keep a certain distance with the computer, have a rest every 30 minutes.
- “ Humidity”——Using a humidifier to relieve the symptoms of dry eye in a dry and heating room.
- “Hot Compress”——Cover your eyes with hot towel, or warm hands cover your eyes 1 to 2 minutes.
- “Eye Exercises”——Acupoint massage and stimulation help to relieve the symptom.
- “Eat”——Increase the intake of vitamin A, B1, C and E, to eat more fresh fruit and vegetables such as apples, pears, strawberries, blueberries, carrot, tomato, etc.
AIER TIPS: Dry eye is a kind of eye disease. If you have serious dye eye, please go to an eye doctor.
- 5th floor, Panjiayuan Plaza
- No.12 Panjiayuan Nanli
- Chaoyang District
- Beijing, P.R.China
- Service Center: (010)67732700
- 24hr Hotline: (010)87789662